About Me

My Photo
Michael
This blog is about 3 things. First, eating out and telling you about it. Writing food reviews is fun and enjoyable. Second, making my own meals and sharing recipes. I'm all about simple, easy, and tasty. Third, tackling some challenges in my cookbooks. This way I learn techniques and flavors that I can add to my own cooking. And it all adds up to lots of talk about lots of food. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
View my complete profile
Deck On Food Seattle restaurants

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Deck on Dunkin Donuts and Deck on Dick’s Last Resort – Mini Boston Restaurant Reviews

So the last two places that I ate at during my trip to Boston were Dick’s Last Resort and Dunkin Donuts. I’m actually a little disappointed in myself…

Deck on Dick’s Last Resort

When the entire premise of the restaurant is to be abused by the wait staff, the expectations going in are pretty low. To miss, well, that’s just inexcusable. Not only was the food not anything to write about (I’ve had better ribs at McDonald’s and better wings out of the freezer), but the staff couldn’t even live up to the name. Really, if I’m not going to get good food, at least give me the ambiance that I’m expecting. The only thing that made everything palatable was the ever –reliable Sam Adams Lager and getting to know my new colleagues.

Final Verdict: 1 Star (and that’s only because they served Sam Adams)

Deck on Dunkin’ Donuts

Alright, so on the last day of the trip, I had to go to Dunkin’ Donuts (when in Rome…) I keep hearing about how the coffee is great and the donuts are amazing. I saddled up and ordered a Large Black coffee and a Boston Crème donut. Seemed about right. I opened the coffee, added a couple Splenda like I always do with any coffee, took a sip, and…..damn… I felt like Dunkin’ Donuts forgot to put coffee in the coffee. I’ve had instant coffee that had more kick (though sadly it’s the best cup of coffee I’ve had today…Starbucks, save me!!). So, I moved on to the donut, and took a bite. Then another. It wasn’t until the third bite that I actually got some crème (and I don’t take dainty little bites). I have seriously reduced my “sweets” in take as I’m trying to get in shape for my wedding. So, when I splurge, I want to be rewarded, not disappointed. Needless to say, I don’t think I’ll be heading back any time soon.

Final Verdict: 1 Star

No comments:

Post a Comment