About Me

My Photo
Michael
This blog is about 3 things. First, eating out and telling you about it. Writing food reviews is fun and enjoyable. Second, making my own meals and sharing recipes. I'm all about simple, easy, and tasty. Third, tackling some challenges in my cookbooks. This way I learn techniques and flavors that I can add to my own cooking. And it all adds up to lots of talk about lots of food. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
View my complete profile
Deck On Food Seattle restaurants

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Boston Food Recap

As I’m sitting here on the airplane, heading back to Seattle, thinking about my food experiences in Boston, I am a little bummed. I definitely didn’t come up with the content that I had envisioned when I found out I would be making this trip. I mean I only got to cross one restaurant off my Boston list in three days. ONE. And only two total food reviews? C’mon! If’ I’m reading my blog, I’m kinda disappointed in me.


In a city that has so many great restaurants, how is it possible that a blossoming food blogger’s restaurant hit list looks like this:

- Clio Restaurant
- J.P. Licks
- Hotel Breakfast Buffet
- Hotel Lunch Buffet
- Dinner Buffet
- Dick’s Last Resort
- Airport Pub
- Dunkin Donuts

Such a promising start that quickly got sidetracked. Yes, I was actually in Andover (about 25 miles north of Boston) at a work training that lasted for 9 hours a day, but that’s a terrible excuse. And there is no excuse for getting talked into going to Dick’s Last Resort (no offense meant to the fine folk at Dick’s, but really?)

So, for those of you that were expecting to read about all these different restaurants, and use my reviews to prepare for your next trip to Boston (I know there has to be one of you out there), I’m sorry. I didn’t really help you. But, I will avenge myself. I will be heading back to Andover in September, and I’m going with a plan and a focus. I will do a lobster roll comparison, trying to find the best in the area. I will make sure I find a restaurant near Fenway Park prior to a Boston game. I will surely not get talked into going to Dick’s, Hard Rock Café, or anything along those lines. Yes, it’s a sacrifice, but it’s something that I will do for you, my readers!

In the meantime, now that I’m heading back to Seattle, I will be able to switch gears and refocus on cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment